Academic Perseverance: The Silver Dollar Foundation will accept proposals for the 2017/18 school year in the winter of 2017, with a deadline for proposals of February 27, 2017. Granting decisions will be made and communicated in March 2017.
Capital projects: The Silver Dollar Foundation receives proposals for capital projects throughout the year, with no deadline for applications.
For both capital projects and academic perseverance projects, eligible organizations are invited to submit a letter of inquiry with the following information:
– Background (mission, history, main areas of activity, etc.)
– Rationale for the proposed project, desired outcomes and activities to be undertaken
– Detail on the support sought from the Silver Dollar Foundation
– Information on other sources of confirmed funding
– Contact information
– Charitable registration number
Please note that in the case of capital projects, proposals for multi-year projects can be submitted, and support from the Foundation may in some cases be spread over a number of years.
Letters of intent and supporting documents (Annual Report, audited financial statements, newsletter, etc.) should be sent to:
The Silver Dollar Foundation
PO Box 55016
The Foundation has limited staffing and grants capacity and can consider a limited number of projects each year. We will respond to all inquiries. We invite interested organizations to contact the Silver Dollar Foundation with any questions.